|

Former UPD student found dead after 10 days of going missing

News Header

◢ CAMILLE LITA

A former Interior Design student was found dead in a Caloocan City morgue, August 28, exactly 10 days after his family reported him missing.

Carl Angelo Arnaiz, 19, was last seen on August 18 in his neighborhood in Cainta, Rizal. He later turned up dead from gunshot wounds allegedly obtained after having been involved in a shootout with the Caloocan City police, according to reports.

Meanwhile, Carl’s batchmate and College of Home Economics Student Council Chairperson Pauline Indita does not believe that Carl would fire back at the cops. “Actually, I refuse to believe that he even had a gun in possession,” Indita added.

Indita clarified that Carl dropped out of UP in 2014 during their freshman year but the college student council is currently reaching out to Carl’s family regarding the details of his death.

The Arnaiz family refuses to disclose further details as advised by their lawyers from the Public Attorney’s Office but nonetheless called for justice for their son. “Sana hindi mangyari sa iba ang sinapit ni Carl at lumabas ang totoo at tunay na nangyari sa kanya,” said Carlito Arnaiz, father of the victim.

Short URL: http://www.philippinecollegian.org/?p=12200

Posted by on Sep 2 2017. Filed under Balita. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry